Skip to main content

Undergraduate Admissions

Prospective students must apply for admission to the University of California Berkeley by November 30th for the following academic year. The website for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is and has information on both freshman and transfer admissions. Students can apply at:

Non-California residents may phone or FAX the Admissions Office:
(510) 642-3175 (U.S. citizens)
(510) 642-1225 (International students)
(510) 642-7333 FAX

Since applicants are admitted to the College of Letters and Science and not to a specific department, entrance auditions are not part of the admissions process. Recordings and special talent supplement submissions are not accepted nor considered by the department.

Catalog information is available at

Applicants who have already earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university cannot apply for undergraduate admission to the College of Letters and Science. One option is to enter the field of Music at the graduate level. Please review Music Department Graduate Studies and email if you have any questions.