Featuring the Music Department’s varied and diverse performance activities, the Department of Music presents a series of free weekly concerts each semester in Hertz Hall. Inaugurated in 1953, these concerts are very popular and well attended by those on campus and in the wider community. Traditionally on Wednesdays, each concert begins promptly at 12:15 and ends by 1pm.
Priority for the limited number of concert dates is given to Music Department students, in particular music major soloists and chamber groups. Department ensembles and faculty performers are regularly featured. Guest musicians occasionally perform new works by student and faculty composers. Auditions for the Noon Concert Series are held each semester for the following semester.
Current Noon Concert Series: Calendar
Audition Application Form & Video deadline: Monday, November 22, 2021, 4:00PM
- An audition video and an application form will be required for consideration for a Noon Concert.
- Application deadline: Monday, November 22, 2021 4:00PM
- Campus affiliation required (including alumni) but preference is given to Music majors, followed by other students and faculty in the Music Department.
- Download noon concert audition form: Spring 2022 Noon Concert Application
- Upload your 10-minute audition video with representative excerpts of your program to the following Box Folder Link.
- Return the form to the Music Department office, 104 Morrison Hall.
Information for Noon Concert performers
You will be notified shortly after the audition deadline if you have been awarded a concert. A date for your concert will be finalized by the Concert Office, with your consultation and with as much notice as possible.
Your concert will be advertised in the Music Department’s brochure and other publicity materials at the beginning of the semester, and you will have the opportunity for rehearsal time in the hall.
There will be a printed program, for which you can provide program notes and a biography. You will be contacted about these and other details by the Concert Manager.
If you have any questions regarding the noon concerts, please contact the Hertz Hall Manager at <email@example.com>