There will only be auditions for Chamber Chorus in Fall 2020. Auditions will be held remotely August 24 – August 27 2020, 11:00am – 3:00pm.
To sign up for an audition, please fill out the Choir Audition Form.
- Returning singers from Chamber Chorus in the 2019-2020 academic year do not need to re-audition. If you were previously in University Chorus, please sign up to audition.
- New students interested in participating in Music 168B (voice lessons for music majors) as well should sign up for one of the audition slots on August 27th.
Please note that due to auditions, there will be no rehearsals the first week of class. Rehearsals start the week of August 31st. Results will be emailed by August 31st.
- Submit a video of yourself performing a song (aria, art song, folk song, hymn, or other appropriate selection) of your choice, either with accompaniment or a cappella, and provide us with the URL in the audition form.
- Sign up for an online audition slot. Each audition will last 10 minutes using this Zoom link. Singers will be asked to:
- Vocalize and sing scales with the director to demonstrate their range.
- Sight-read one or more short musical excerpts to determine musical ear and sight-reading skills.
- If you are absolutely unable to audition before the first rehearsal, please attend the first rehearsal anyway. However, it is very possible that all slots will have already been filled.
If you have questions, please contact Wei Cheng, Director at WeiCheng1@berkeley.edu.