The UC Berkeley Wind Ensemble Concerto Competition exists to select and feature the best soloist on a brass, woodwind, or percussion instrument. The winner shall be selected solely on the basis of MUSICALITY, STRENGTH OF INTERPRETATION, and MASTERY OF REPERTOIRE, and shall perform with the UCBWE in concert.
All UC Berkeley students who A) play a brass, woodwind, or percussion instrument(s), and B) are concurrently enrolled in Music 142 – University Wind Ensemble are invited to audition.
2022 DATES & LOCATIONS
- Applications Due → Wednesday, March 2, 11:59 PM → Online
- Auditions → Monday, March 7, 6:30-7:30 PM → BRH (3 Chavez Center)
- Performance → Sunday, May 1, 2:00 PM → Hertz Hall
- Select a work (or a portion of a work) for solo instrument(s) and wind ensemble with a duration of 10 minutes or less.
- Multiple soloists (i.e. double-concertos and concerti grossi) are permitted.
- Piano accompaniment is not required to audition.
- Submit the online application form.
- You will be assigned an audition time (see Dates & Locations above).
Approval of application is contingent upon:
- Availability of wind ensemble score and parts. (Publisher’s information must be entered on your application).
- Suitability for performance by the UCBWE. (If you have concerns about the difficulty of the accompaniment, please contact Dr. Sadowski well in advance).
Matthew Sadowski, Director | email@example.com← Back to UCBWE