The Music Department strongly encourages students to study abroad for one or two semesters whether to pursue studies in music or to take classes outside the major.
The university’s guidelines for studying abroad can be found at: http://ls-advise.berkeley.edu/faq/eap.html.
In addition, the Music Department has the following guidelines:
- Ideally, students should complete the musicianship and harmony sequences before studying abroad.
- Students planning on studying abroad should make an appointment with the department’s EAP advisor, Professor Smart: firstname.lastname@example.org. They should bring a copy of their DARS report to the appointment.
- Which courses taken abroad will count towards the major will be determined in consultation with the EAP advisor.
- The grades for any music major courses taken abroad will be factored into the student’s music department GPA. If qualified, students may do honors projects the semester following education abroad.
- Students who need an adviser code while studying abroad may e-mail Zoe Xu at email@example.com.